Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 21: Someone You Judged By Their First Impression

Ruben,

Isn't it interesting to see how far we've come? When you first came to the church, I wanted you out. I truly felt like you were just an arrogant, power hungry boy, just out of high school, looking to tell others what they were doing wrong. You came in and you changed a lot of things, most of which I didn't agree with. I felt like you never asked before doing things and you didn't follow the rules.

Now, however, I actually really enjoy having you in our youth group. I don't feel any of those things anymore. Once we talked everything out and I relayed my concerns to you, you took them into consideration and changed your approach with me and some of the other youth. I like that when I talk to you, you don't throw my ideas out the window. You give them consideration and a well-thought-out answer or action.

When I need something, rather than worry about it, I know I can ask you or at least discuss it. I like that you're always busy, but never too busy for someone if they need to talk.

I don't really have much else to say. I feel like we've already been over everything. I'm glad you're at GCCC, and I hope you stay.

Jenelle

No comments:

Post a Comment