Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 14: Letter to Someone You Drifted Away From

Paige,

I actually only just remembered that we were close friends during summer school. You actually helped me through a really rough time in my life, but I don't think you know that. Because I never said it, I really want to take this time to thank you.

At the beginning of summer school, I knew I was in trouble. I didn't have any friends and I'm shy as it is. I don't remember the details of the first days, but I know that Megan wasn't talking to me and she wasn't in my class and I was scared to be alone for the next however many weeks.

I don't know who approached who and I don't remember how it started, but I do remember that I was very thankful for--and a little intimidated by--you. You listened with an impartial ear to whatever problems I had that day and you never seemed too annoyed. You introduced me to new music (including my favorite from that time on, Les Miserables the musical) and new ideas. Best of all, you opened up to me, too, and didn't make me feel like a huge dork like I usually do. For that I am the most grateful.

I am actually pretty sad that we don't talk anymore. We talked a bit in the times following that summer and were sort of on the threshold of being close a few times, but we never really caved and became good friends. I want you to be aware that if you need anything at all, even if it's random, I am still here and I will do my best to cave this time. 

I actually really look up to you. You carry yourself as a confident, intelligent, fashionable young woman who has her shit together. I envy those things in you. You always look great and you are one of the smartest people I know. I just think you're neat.

Make right choices. You have every single tool you could possibly have to help you succeed.

Gratefully,
Jenelle

No comments:

Post a Comment