Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 3: Letter To Your Parents

Dear Mom and Dad,

First of all, thank you for everything you've done. You conceived/birthed me, you raised me, and you have been financially responsible for me for the past 18 years. I really do appreciate all of that. I have never been without something I needed and I probably never will be, God willing. You have been understanding when I couldn't get a job, supportive when I got kicked out of Cal Poly, and comforting the few times I have let you know I was upset.

I am sorry for keeping you out. I rarely let you into my emotions or problems. I am sorry for lying to you sometimes and I'm sorry for still living at home, even though at this point I should be more prepared to move out.

I know we haven't been super close since I started Kindergarten. I have found most of my parenting elsewhere because sometimes I did feel you were too harsh. I do appreciate you trying to keep me from boys until I was 16, because if I had done that, my life would have been a billion times easier. My life is full of those--if I had listened--so thank you for all your good advice.

I feel a lot better about you guys than I have in the past. For a long time, I dreamed of leaving; running away in the dead of night, turning off my phone and never looking back. I am glad I didn't.

I'm not sure what else to say. I've never been good at expressing myself to you, and apparently it doesn't start this letter.

I love you, even though I rarely say it. I do.

Jenelle

No comments:

Post a Comment