Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 9: Letter to Someone You Wish You Could Meet

Dear Vivien Leigh,

You are the absolute most beautiful woman on this planet. I watch you in Gone With The Wind and just can't even believe you're real. I want to watch all of your movies just to watch you walk around and talk. You just have this amazing power. It isn't overwhelming or obnoxious, it's just there in an almost visceral way. To watch you in the power struggle with Rhett Butler in the scene where he's drunk and you are in the red robe--it just gives me the chills every time. You have a backbone and I love it.

I don't know why, but you have just made such a huge impact on me. Maybe it's your surreal beauty or your stunning power, but mostly it's because I love your tenacity and willingness to work hard. I haven't seen you in anything but Gone With The Wind and yet you are my favorite actress. I would love to just sit down and talk to you. Even just to listen quietly to a conversation you are having with someone else would be wonderful to me. :)

I want to hear you tell your life story. I want to ask you about Sir Laurence Olivier and find out what you choose to tell me about, what's important to you. I want to ask about your previous husband and children and how you feel about your manic depression. I just want to know you.



Jenelle

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I really enjoy reading all your letters, I think its great that you are doing it! Must be a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete